Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day Four

Today was workout day, so, despite still feeling it a bit from Tuesday, I sucked it up and got along with it. My knee seems to be better, so that's no longer an excuse for skipping. Two sets of 50 squats, 45 incline push-ups, and 1 minute and 30 seconds of planks each. Despite still being slightly sore from Tuesday, today's workout was much easier than Tuesday overall. I had no urge to stop after finishing the first set, and I had no trouble finishing any of the exercises themselves. So a few weeks off and one workout to get back into the groove seems pretty good to me. That tells me I'm at a pretty good level of fitness that I can get back into it that quickly.

I got less sleep for the day than I've been getting, but still felt fine throughout the day with only 8 hours and 18 minutes worth. Sleep Cycle says my sleep quality was at 88%, which I would definitely agree it's lower than it had been the past few days. I woke up on my own, but it wasn't without some regret that I couldn't just roll over and continue sleeping. I didn't get to bed until after 1 AM last night, and I think that's a mistake. I'm definitely going to make getting to bed earlier a priority tonight.

Breakfast was a hamburger and not quite so big salad since I ran out of lettuce, and dinner was a roast chicken with assorted veggies.

It's currently 29 degrees outside, and snowing a bit with snow on the ground and on the roads, but I have the urge to go for a walk tonight so I think I'm going to make that happen. I definitely need to get more low level movement, i.e. walking, in, and since the urge is there I'm not going to ignore it.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment