Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day Three

Not much to report today. Mostly just a little sore from getting back into my exercise routine yesterday, and feeling lazy. Spent most of the day reading and watching a documentary on Netflix. I know the Primal Blueprint stresses movement and activity, especially at low levels, but I think some days you just need to be lazy.

I got nine hours and six minutes of sleep, with a sleep quality of 100% according to Sleep Cycle. I had my regular breakfast of a hamburger and big salad, and I got Greek for dinner, going with gyro lamb meat and a skewer of shrimp. None of their regular sides fit in with the autoimmune protocol so I opted for the shrimp. I figure the more sea food the better.

Again only water to drink today. If you're sensing a theme you'd be right on the money, as I don't really drink much else other than water at this point. I occasionally have "shotgun coffee" in the mornings, black coffee with a tablespoon of grass-fed Kerrygold butter blended into it, but since I'm doing the autoimmune protocol I'll be avoiding that for the duration. I may have just black coffee some mornings, but it will be very rare I think.

When I first started the Primal Blueprint I had very little difficulty giving up things like pop, fast food, and even the bread I used to love with my dinner. Pop and fast food were especially easy, as I rather disliked them before going primal, despite the regularity with which I ingested them. The hardest thing to give up for me was orange juice, followed by donuts. I would have orange juice with anything and everything, and could easily go through a pitcher a day. To give up my beloved orange juice and find myself strictly drinking water throughout the day was the hardest part for me, and I'm glad that I've been able to stick to it. The orange juice cravings are completely gone these days, but it was very difficult in the beginning.

Anyway, those are my updates for the day, thanks for reading everybody, and thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment