Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day Ten

It's hard to believe that I'm already one-third of the way through this 30 day challenge, but that's exactly what today marks. I suppose some reflection is in order now that I'm 10 days into this thing.

The biggest positive for me so far has been the degree to which I've been able to get back into working out. I've explained that I hadn't worked out in a few weeks before I began this challenge, but I don't think I've explained how difficult my workouts had become even before I took those few weeks off. It was a constant battle to force myself into doing the workouts in the first place, and even more so to get both sets in. There were weeks where I'd only workout one day a week, and that day I may only have been able to force myself into doing a single set of exercises. So to get back into it and to enjoy it is definitely a good thing.

Perhaps the hardest part so far has been my need to snack. I don't know how my body got hooked on the snacking over the relatively short period that constituted the holidays, but it did. Let that be a lesson, I suppose, that even going slightly off the wagon for a short period of time can have very negative, long lasting effects. Regardless, it hasn't been too bad since I've had my beef jerky available to take care of those urges.

I did great on the sleep front last night, getting to bed shortly after 11 PM. I got 10 hours and 17 minutes of sleep, with a sleep quality of 96%. Nothing to complain about there. And I got in my 10 decline push-ups for the day when I woke up, so I've got a pretty good start on forming this new habit. I'm going to continue to keep it up.

For breakfast I had my usual bun-less hamburger and big salad, with supplements consisting of 1000 UI's of Vitamin D, magnesium, and omega 3. Dinner consisted of chicken with broccoli and mushrooms.

One thing I did notice today, after talking about how great it is to get back into working out, was that my right knee started bothering me again. This is the same knee that was bothering me and gave me the excuse to stop working out for those few weeks in the first place. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is considering it didn't bother me at all yesterday after working out. I'm going to see how it feels tomorrow, but I fully expect to do my bodyweight workout regardless.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll stick with me for the next 20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment