Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day Two

The deep freeze continued today, so I spent all day in the house mostly reading. However, today was my workout day, so I got back into that after several weeks of skipping it. I do bodyweight exercises on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So today I did two sets of 45 incline push-ups, two sets of 50 squats, and two sets of planks at 1 minute and 30 seconds each.

In terms of sleep, Sleep Cycle reports that I got nine hours and 30 minutes of sleep, and the quality of that sleep was once again at 94%. I felt pretty lazy today, even drifting off while reading at one point, so I'm not sure how much I agree with Sleep Cycle on that 94%. Of course, I was laying in bed at the time, and had already finished my workout, so it's possible that those two factors attributed to my nodding off more than actually having been sleep deprived in any sense. Nine and a half hours is a good amount of sleep for anybody, so I don't see why I should have been tired, especially considering I woke up on my own.

For breakfast I had my usual hamburger without a bun and big salad, and for dinner I had a turkey loaf. Drinks today consisted only of water.

All in all I had a pretty good day considering the terrible weather. Got a nice workout in, and got to finish a book, Out of the Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment